Telangana History and Culture
1. Which of the following statements is/are True?
1. Operation Polo started on 13 -September-1948 AD
2. Operation Polo ended on 17-September -1948 AD
3. Operation Polo was planned by General Goddard
A. Only 1 B. Only 2
C. Only 3 D. 1, 2 and 3
Explanation: Operation Polo, the code name of the Hyderabad “Police Action” was a 5 day military operation commencing in 13th September 1948 and ending on 17th September in which the Indian Armed Forces invaded the State of Hyderabad and overthrew its Nizam, annexing the state into the Indian Union. The operation was planned by General Goddard. The operation was also known as Caterpillar.
2. Who was the Prime Minister of Ganapathi Deva?
A. Recharla Radra
B. Recharla Prasaditya
C. Malayadri Hemadri Reddy
Explanation: Malayadri Hemadri Reddy was the Prime Minister of Ganapathi Deva.
3. Who wrote the book Simhasana Dwatrimsika?
A. Koravi Gopa Raju B. Radra Deva
C. Marana D. Kethana
Explanation: Koravi Gopa Raju belonged to Vemugallu village, Nizambad district. In this book he explained about the Telangana Society.
4. The inscription issued by Ganapatideva which gave assurance to foreign traders was at
A. Anumakonda B. Bidar
C. Motupalli D. Recharla
Explanation: The Motupalli Inscription, in present day Prakasam district, dated to the reign of Ganapathi Deva refers the tax remissions on articles of export and import done through the port of Motupalli and the concessions given to the merchants in sea trade.
5. Which of the following is associated with the prohibition of freedom of speech and freedom of press in Hyderabad state?
A. Gasthi Nishan -43 B. Gasthi Nishan – 53
C. Gasthi Nishan – 63 D. Gasthi Nishan -73
Explanation: In 1891 AD the Nizam Government issued Gasthi Nishan 53 against the freedom of press, speech and expression.
6. Who became famous as a Telangana babai?
A. K.V. Krishna Reddy B. B.V. Ranaga Rao
C. R.N. Reddy D. K.V. Ranga Reddy
Explanation: Konda Venkata Ranga Reddy popularly known as K. V. Ranga Reddy (1890–1970) is a former Deputy Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh. He is a freedom fighter who fought the Telangana Rebellion against the Jagirdars. The Ranga Reddy District in Telangana is named after him. My Autobiography is the autobiography of K V Ranga Reddy
7. Match List-I to List-II and find correct answer.
a) Vilasa copper inscription 1.Prolaya Nayaka
b) Polavaram Insription 2.Kapaya nayaka
c) Kaluvacheru inscription 3. Anitalli
d) Pentapadu inscription 4. Choda Bhaktiraju
a b c d
A. 1 2 3 4
B. 1 2 4 3
C. 2 1 3 4
D. 2 1 4 3
Explanation: The chief sources of Mussunuri family history are the Vilasa copper inscription of Prolaya Nayaka and the Polavaram inscription of Kapaya Nayaka. Vilasa inscription narrates the victories and valour of Prolaya Nayaka. The Kaluvacheru inscription of Anitalli reveals that 75 Nayakas came together under the leadership of Prolaya Nayaka to save Andhradesa from Muslim Rule. In the Pentapadu inscription issued by Chadaparti King, names of Prolaya answer Kapaya Nayaka were mentioned.
8. Which of the following is correctly matched?
A. Bayyaram tank inscription – Mylamba
B. Hanumakonda inscription – Rudrama
C. Motupalli inscription – Ganapati deva
D. All the above
Explanation: The Bayyaram stone inscription reveals that Mylamamba of the Kakatiya dynasty dug up Bayyaram cheruvu (Jalanidhi) in memory of her mother Bayyamamba in the 13th century. Hanumakonda inscription issued by Rudrama gives details about the victories of Prolaraju II. The Motupalli Inscription, in present day Prakasam district, dated to the reign of Ganapathi Deva refers the tax remissions on articles of export and import done through the port of Motupalli and the concessions given to the merchants in sea trade.
9. Which of the following statements is/are true?
I) Nanghat inscription explains about Satakarni– I
II) Nasik inscription explains about the victories of Gautamiputra Satakarni
III) Land grants were first started by Ikshvakus.
A. Only I B. Only – II
C. Only – III D. Both I & II
Explanation: Nanghat inscription issued by Naganika explains about Satakarni – I. Nasik inscription issued by Gautami Balasri explains about the victories of Gautamiputra Satakarni. Land grants were first started by Satavahanas.
10. Which of the following is/are true?
I) Prolaraju – II constructed Padmakshi temple
II) Orugallu construction was started by Rudra deva
III)Rudradeva wrote Neethisaram in Sanskrit
A. Only – I B. Only – II
C. Only – III D. All I, II, & III
Explanation: Prolaraju – II constructed Padmakshi temple. Orugallu construction was started by Rudra deva and completed by Ganapatideva. Rudradeva wrote Neethisaram in Sanskrit and got the title Vidya Bhushan.
11. Which of the following incidents prompted Vinoba Bhave to initiate the Bhoodan Movement in India?
A. Nalgonda incident B. Srikakulam incident
C. Naxalbari incident D. Madhubani incident
Explanation: The Bhoodan Movement or Land Gift Movement, was a voluntary land reform movement in India, started by Acharya Vinoba Bhave in 18 April 1951 at Pochampally village in Telangana which is now known as Bhoodan Pochampally.
12. Jamala Puram Keshav Rao used to be called as
A. Hyderabad Sardar B. Deccan Sardar
C. Apara Sarihaddu Gandhi D. Both b & c
Explanation: Jamala Puram Keshav Rao played an important role in the Telangana Armed Struggle. People affectionately called him
13. Qasim Razvi was punished in
A. Bibi Nagar dacoit case
B. Secunderabad case
C. Alwal case
D. Ashok Nagar case
Explanation: Three criminal cases were filed against Razvi and six others after police action: the Aland Murder Case; the Shoiabullah Khan Murder Case; and the Bibinagar Dacoity Case. Razvi was acquitted in the first two cases but was convicted in the Bibinagar Dacoity case. The case was related to the robbery, looting, arson, assault and other violent acts on the afternoon of 10th January, 1948 by the Razakars in Bibinagar.
14. The inscription which states that Rudrama Devi, defeated Yadava king Mahadeva and Mahadeva fled to Devagiri?
A. Bidar B. Motupalli
C. Anumakonda D. All the above
Explanation: Bidar inscription explains that Rudramadevi defeated the Yadav King Mahadeva forcing him to cede territory in western Andhra.
15. Who constructed ‘Swayambhu Temple in Hanumakonda’?
A. Betaraju-I B. Prola raju-II
C. Betaraju-II D. Rudramadevi
Explanation: Swayambhu Temple in Hanumakonda is a Shiva Temple found in Warangal fort
16. Who had the title of ‘Abinava Dandi’?
A. Tikkana B. Gona Buddha Reddy
C. Nannaya D. Ketana
Explanation: Ketana is called as Abhinava Dandi because he translated Dasakumara Charitra (Story of Ten Youths) written by Dandi in Sanskrit, and dedicated it to Tikkana
17. Who had the titles ‘Kavibramha’ and ‘Ubhaya kavi mitra’?
A. Nannaya B. Tikkana
C. Errana D. Rudra deva
Explanation: Tikkana was famed as Kavibramha and Ubhyakavi Mitra because he was an expert in Telugu and Sanskrit
18. Which of the following university gave admissions to the expelled students from Osmania University during the of Vandemataram movement?
A. Andhra University B. Benaras University
C. Nagpur University D. Madras University
Explanation: In 1938 the Nizam Government imposed restrictions on singing the Vandemataram song in all public places including educational students. The University expelled more than 600 Hindu students for violating the prohibition orders and singing the Vandemataram song. In January 1939, Nagapur university admitted all the expelled students of Osmania University. The then Vice-chancellor of Nagapur University was T.J.Kedar
19. Match List-I with List- II. Find the correct Answer.
A) Brihatkatha 1.Gunadhya
B) Kathantaravyakaranam 2.Sharva varma
C) Gadha saptasati 3. Kutuhala
D) Leelavati parinayam 4.Hala
A B C D
A. 1 2 3 4
B. 1 2 4 3
C. 2 1 4 3
D. 2 1 3 4
Explanation: Brihatkatha – Gunadhya
Kathantaravyakaranam – Sharva varma
Gadha patasah – Hala
Leelavati parinayam – Kutuhala
20. Who is the great king of Vishnukundins?
A. Madhava Varma – I
B. Madhava Varma – II
C. Govinda varma
D. Indra varma
Explanation: The reign of Madhav Varma II who ruled for nearly half a century is considered as the golden age in the history of the Vishnukundins.
21. In Vemulawada Chalukyaswho had the title Solandganda?
A. Arikesari B. Baddega –I
C. Narasimha- II D. Yudhhamalla
Explanation: Solandganda means warrior who fought 42 wars.
22. What was the official language of Satavahanas?
A. Prakrit B. Sanskrit
C. Telugu D. Hindu
Explanation: The Satavahanas patronized Prakrit language instead of Sanskrit.
23. Which of the following Qutub Shahi ruler was the contemporary of Srikrishna Devaraya?
A. Sultan Quli Qutub B. Zamshed Quli
C. Mohammed Quli D. Ibrahim Quli
Explanation: Quli Qutub Shah was a contemporary of Krishana Deva Raya and his younger brother Achyuta Deva Raya of the Vijayanagara Empire
24. Who wrote the book Suka saptati?
A. Kandukuri Rudrakavi
B. Ponnaganti telaganarya
C. Saranya Tammaiah
D. Palavekari Kandireepati
Explanation: Suka saptati was written by Palavekari Kandireepati
25. Which of the following Satavahana ruler is can temporary to Acharya Nagarjuna?
A. Kuntala satakarni
B. Yajnasri satakarni
C. Gautamiputra satakarni
D. Shiva satakarni
Explanation: Some scholars believe that Nagarjuna was an advisor to a king of the Satavahana dynasty been Yajñasri Satakarni.
26. Which of the following inscription explains the decline of Mudigonda Chalukyas?
A. Koravi Inscription
B. Palampeta Inscription
C. Amaravathi Inscription
D. Kolanpaka Inscription
Explanation: Palampeta inscription issued by Rudrasenani states that Recharla Rudra defeated the last king of Mudigonda Chalukyas Nagathi Raju.
27. Who issued Sanigaram inscription?
A. Prolaraju- I B. ProlaRaju – II
C.Rudradeva D. Rudramadevi
Explanation :Sanigaram inscription was issued by Kakatiya king Prolaraju II
28. Who wrote the book Ranganatha Ramayanam?
A. Srinatha B. Pothana
C. Gourana D. Gona Budha Reddy
Explanation: Ranganatha Ramayanam was a pioneering work in the Telugu language on the theme of the Ramayana epic written between 1300 and 1310 A.D
29. Who started “Bhagya Nagar Patrika”?
A. Suravaram Pratap Reddy
B. Pamulaparti sadashiva rao
C. Bhagya Reddy Verma
D. Devulapalli Ramajuna Rao
Explanation: Bhagya Reddy Varma (22 May 1888 – 18 Feb 1939) was an Indian political leader, social reformer, activist, and businessman. He fought against untouchability in the Hyderabad State.
30. Match List-I with List-Ii
A) Prataparudra 1. Vidyanatha Yasobusanam
B) Kreedabiramam 2. Vinukonda Vallabharaya
C. Panditaradya 3. Palkuriki Somanathacharitra
A B C
A. 1 2 3
B. 2 3 1
C. 3 1 2
D. 1 3 2
Prataparudra-VidyanathaYasobusanam Kreedabiramam – Vinukonda Vallabharaya; Panditaradya – Palkuriki Somanatha charitra
31. Who introduced Razakar system in Nizam State?
A. Kasim Razvi
B. Nawab sadaryar jung
C. Nawab- Bahadur Yar jung
D. Abul Hussain
Explanation: Nawab Bahadur Yar Jung (or Bahadur Yar Jang) (3 February 1905, Hyderabad – 25 June 1944) was a foremost Muslim leader in the princely state of Hyderabad in British India. He founded the branches of Tablighi Jamaat and Khaksarsin Hyderabad and was known as a powerful religious preacher. In 1938, he was elected the President of Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen, a position in which he served till his death
The Razakars were a private militia organized by Qasim Razvi to support the rule of Nizam Osman Ali Khan, Asaf Jah VII and resist the integration of Hyderabad State into the Dominion of India. They also attempted to make the Nizam accede his princely state to Pakistan instead of India.
32. Hindu temples construction started during the period of
C. Vishnu kundins
Explanation: Ikshvakus came into force after the down fall of Satavahana dynasty. Puranas refer them as ‘Sriparvateeya Andhras’ who held power around Nagarjuna Konda region. Founder of Ikshvaku dynasty is vasishtiputra Santamula-I. A total 7 kings belongs to Ikshvakus dynasty ruled for 100 years. Four of them were mentioned in various inscriptions and ruled for 68 years. Later 3 more kings ruled for 30 more years.
33. which of the following is a solo dance form performed for centuries by Devadasis in temples?
A.Kuravanji B. VuyyalaPatalu
C. Sadir Natyam D. Kuchipudi
Explanation: Sadir Natyam solo dance form performed for centuries by devadasis in temples and eventually, in the royal courts of south India, especially in Tamil Nadu.
35. Which one of the following focused on the heroism of Bandagi, a Muslim peasant, during the Telangana armed struggle?
A. Kashta Jivi B. Telangana
D. Telangana Veera-yodhulu
Explanation: Sunkara Satyanarayana’s Telangana was written in 1944. It focused on the heroism of Bandagi, a Muslim peasant, who fought valiantly against the oppression of the feudal landlord, Visnuru Deshmukh.
36. Anjumen-e-maref was organized by
A. Mulla Abdul Qayyum
B. Maqdoom Moinuddin
C Miskeen ali
D. Abdul Kasim
Explanation: Mulla Abdul Qayyum of Hyderabad was a great champion of congress. He attended the Congress meetings and appealed to Muslims to actively participate in it. He attacked the nobility, and opposed the special favours granted to them in the Nizam state. He was also responsible for organizing Anjumen-e-maref which aimed at developing social, intellectual and economic life of the people.
37. Consider the following statements about Bhagya Reddy Varma and identify the correct statements.
1. He started Jagan Mitra Mandali in 1905.
2. His original name was Maderi Bagaiah
3. He also campaigned against jogini and devadasi system.
A. 1 Only B. 2 and 3
C. 1 and 2 D. 1,2 and 3
Explanation: In 1906 Bhagya Reddy started “Jagan Mitra Mandali” to spread awareness among dalits by using popular folk arts. He invoked Hindu Puranic tradition to eradicate caste. He also led successful agitations against the practice of dedicating girls, especially dalit girls, as devadasis or joginis to temples and forcing them into prostitution.
38. Which of the following Qutub Shahi Ruler participated in “Raksha Tangadi Battle”?
A. Mahammad Quli B. Ibrahim Quli
C. Sultan Quli D. None
Explanation: Ibrahim Quli participated in Rakshasa Tangadi battle. This battle took place between Bahamanis and Vijayanagara Kings.
39. Which of the following person defeated Prataparudra?
A. Allauaddin Qilzi B. Mubarak Qilzi
C. Mohammad-Bin Tuglaq D. None.
Explanation: Mahammad-Bin-Tuglaq defeated Prataparudra in 1323; Prataparudra passed away in 1323
40. Vademataram Movement in Osmania University was held in
A. 1935 B. 1938 C. 1940 D. 1995
Explanation: This movement was started in 1938 during Dasara Celabrations in Hostel B.
41. Who wrote the book “Raghava Pandaveeyam”?
A. Potana B. Tikkana
C. Mallinadha D. Vemulavada Bimakavi
Explanation: Vemulavada Bhima Kavi written this book. He belonged to vemulavada village.
42. Who wrote the book: “Vytayanti Vilasam”?
A. Kandukuri Rudra kavi
B. Ponneganti Telganarya
C. Saranga Tammaiah
D. Adonki Gangadara kavi
Explanation: Saranga Tammaiah was the court poet of Mahammad Quli Qutub Shah
43. Who constructed the Charminar in 1591?
A. Sultan Quli Qutbshah
B. Zamshid Quli Qutbshah
C. Mohammad Quli Qutbshah
D. Ibrahim Quli Qutbshah
Explanation: Mohammad Quli Qutb Shah constructed Charminar in 1591. His period is also known as Golden period in Qutub Shahis.
44. Matsyapuranam was compiled during the period of
A. Gouthamiputra Satakarni
B. Yajana Sri Satkarni
Explanation: Matsya puranam was complied during Yagnasri Satakarni period. It is a very important source of information about Satavahas. According to this purana, there were 30 satavahana rules
45. The Kakatiya king who declared himself Independent from Kalyani chalukyas was
a) Beta Raju-I b) Prola raju-I
c) Betaraju-II d) Prola raju-II
Explanation: Taking advantage of the confusion that followed after the death of the Eastern Chalukyan King Amarraja II, Beta I a feudatory of the Eastern Chalukyas declared his independence by establishing a new dynasty in the year 1000 AD.
46. The king who divided the Kakatiya empire into 75 Nayankaras was
a) Rudramadevi b) Gona Ganna
c) Prataparudra d) Rudradeva
Explanation: During the reign of Ganapati Deva, the governors of different areas of the empire known as Nayaks were appointed from members of different castes. This was known as Nayankara System. Prataparudra divided the kingdom into 75 Nayakships which was later adopted and developed by the Rayas of Vijayanagara.
47. Which of the following is written by Nagarjuna?
A. Suhrulekha B. Prajnaparamita
C. Dvadasanikaya sastram D. All the above
Ans: A. Explanation: Nagarjuna is widely considered as one of the most important Buddhist philosophers of ancient India & founder of Madhyamaka school of Mahayana Buddhism. His imp works include – Ratnavali, Suhrulekha, Sunyasaptasati and Mulamadhyamaka karika
48. Manulagutta is renowned as
a.Budhist centre b. Jainist centre
c. Animist centre d.Rich bed of limestone
Explanation: Manulagutta is a renowned Jaina centre of the ancient times.
49. Which dynasty issued copper inscriptions in Telangana?
a) Satavahanas b) Ikshvakus
Explanation: Vishnukundins dynasty was founded by Indra Varma and most of their inscriptions were in copper.
50. Who constructed Anumakonda Rudreswaralaya?
a) Prolaraju-I b) Prolaraju-lI
c) Rudradeva d) Ganapatideva
Explanation: Anumakonda Rudreswaralaya was constructed by Rudradeva
51. Aliya Ramarayalu worked as an army commander in the court of
B. Sultan Quli Qutub Shah
C. Ibrahim Quli Qutub Shah
D. Mohammed Quli Qutub Shah
Ans. B, Explanation:-Aliya Ramarayalu, son in law of Sri Krishna Devarayalu, worked as an army commander in the Sultan’s army before the Tallikota battle
52. Which of the following were famous Buddhist centres during the Satavahana rule?
1. Nelakondapally 2. Dhulikatta
A. 2 Only B. 1 and 2
C. 2 and 3 D. 1,2 and 3
53. Match List I (King) With List II (Title)
a. Satakarni I
b. Pulomavi II
d. Yojana Sri
1. Dakshina Padeshwara
3. Tri Samudradipati
a b c d
A 2 1 4 3
B 1 2 3 4
C 1 2 4 3
D 2 1 3 4
54. Among the following who was mentioned as ‘Mallakarni’ by Matsyapurana?
A. Satakarni – I B. Satakarni-II
C. Lambodara D. Krishna
55. Who among the following is regarded as the father of the library movement in Telangana?
A. Gadicharala Harisarvothama Rao
B. Veldhurti Manikyala Rao
C. Burgula Raganatha Rao
D. Komarraju Laxmana Rao
56. Who was the first to start personal satyagraha in Hyderabad state?
A. Ravi Narayana Reddy
B. Madapati Hanumantha Rao
C. Ravichettu Ranga Rao
D. Swami RamanandaTirtha
57. TNGOs organised Telangana Padayatra for
A. Separate Telangana state
B. Against a section 14f
C. GO 610
D. Supporting KCR’s fast
TNGOs Telangana Yathra for 610-GO began from the Central Office in 600 vehicles (cars, jeeps) on 20th December 2006.
58. Which of the following is considered as a gateway to Maderam?
A. Laknavaram B. JampannaVagu
C. Mulugu Gattamma
D. Sammakka Saralamma Tadvai
Explanation : MuluguGattamma temple is considered as the gateway to the Medaram pilgrims visiting to Sammakka and Saralammajatara visits Gattamma temple during jatara Period.
59. Consider the following statements and identify the correct statement/s
1. Donga Sattaiah was the title of a play on Telangana Language
2. SamidiJagan Reddy defined the Telangana Literacy and Cultural Movement as ‘The movement of Self-Respect’.
3. KopalliVenkat wrote the history of SarvaiPapanna
A. All the above B. 1 and 2
C. 2 only D. 2 and 3
Explanation: Research Scholar Kompalli Venkat wrote the history of ‘Sarvayi Papanna’ who launched a rebellion against mogal rulers for the self respect and authoritative power of Dalit Bahujans. Telangana History society, Telangana Prachuranalu is the important organizations for publishing books on Telangana. In 2006, Samidi Jagan Reddy, defining Telangana Literary and cultural movement as ‘The Movement of Self Respect’ and cultural renaissance wrote an essay in his book of poetry ‘Ooregimpu’. Siddartha, Saida Chary wrote poems on movement. Denchanala Srinivas exhibited ‘Donga Sattaiah’, a play in Telangana language several times in many places.
60. Which one of the following magazines published a 200 page special issue on Telangana History and problems?
A. Prajwala B. Bhoomika
C. Nadaka D. Yaadi
Bhoomika, a women’s magazine published a 200 page special issue on Telangana history and problems. Uma Maheshwari acted as the Chief Editor
61. Identify the incorrectly matched pair/s from the following
1. Pokkili – Gouri Shankar
2. Dastharam – Nandini Siddha Reddy
3. Mathadi – Dr. MudigantiSujatha Reddy
A. 1 only B. 2 only
C. 3 only D. 2 and 3
Explanation:– ‘Edu Payalu’ is an anthology of poetry edited by Nandini Sidha Reddy. Juluru Gouri Shankar published a book of poems ‘Pokkili’. ‘Mathadi’ an anthology of poetry edited by Dr. Sunki Reddy Narayana Reddy and Dr. Ambati Surender Raju was published expressing modern literary trends in Telangana. Striking down the arguments that the modern story was born in 1980 only in Telangana ‘Telangana Tholi Tharam Kathalu’, ‘Telangana Mali Tharam Kathalu’ story anthologies with the stories written from 1900 to 1956 were published under the editorship of Dr Mudiganti Sujatha Reddy. Sangishetty Srinivas wrote ‘Dasthram’, an index of Telangana stories.
62. Arrange the following in the order of their construction
1. DurgamCheruvu 2. Mir Alam Tank
A. 1,4,3,2 B. 4,1,3,2
C. 1,2,4,3 D. 2,1,3,4
1. Durgam Cheruvu–QutubShahi period
2. Mir Alam Tank – (1804 to 1808)
3. Falaknuma Palace – 1893
4. UjjainiMahankali Temple – 1815
63. Which of the following were constructed during the QutubShahi period?
1. Paigah Tombs 2. Mecca Masjid
3.DurgamCheruvu 4. Hussain Sagar
A. All the above B. 2, 3 and 4
C. 1, 2 and 3 D.1, 2 and 4
Paigah Tombs : Constructed 200 years ago, Paigah tombs belonged to the people of paigah caln. They are situated in Pisal Banda. 4Kms away from Charminar.
64. Identify the correctly matched pair/s from the following
1. RasamayiBalakishan – Nelamma
2. JanapadaJathara – AnthadupulaNagaraju
3. Telangana RashtramNadusthunnaCharithra – GudaAnjaiah
A. All the above B. 1 and 2
C. 2 and 3 D. 1 only
JanapadaJathara is a cultural show organized by AnthadupulaNagaraju. Dhoom Dham was inspired by Janapada Jathara. Rasamayi Balakishan : Songs cassette “Nelamma”. The designer of Telangana Talli idol B.S. Ramulu’s book was Telangana Rashtram – Nadusthunna Charitra. In this Guda Anjaya wrote an essay on Telangana Dhoomdham.
65. Match List I (Songs on which performances were given during DhoomDham) With List II (Writers)
a. Nee AruGurralu
1. Warangal Sreenivas
5. Warangal Shankaranna
a b c d
A 5 2 3 4
B 5 3 4 1
C 4 3 1 2
D 2 4 3 1
Telangana DhoomDham was a collective effort of Telangana artists. The songs
Oorumanadira – gudaanjaiah,
Palle Kanneru – Goreti Venkanna,
Vandanalamma – Jayaraj,
Nee AruGurralu – Warangal Shankaranna
Tayyam Dattai- Wagrangal Sreenivas,
Nelamma –Rechcha Bharathi,
EviManaPallellona – RasamayiBalkishan
66. Lechi Nilichina Telangana was a collection of selected articles written by
C. Nellutla Venugopal
D. Manikonda Veda Kumar
Explanation:-LechiNilichina Telangana was a collection of selected articles written by NellutlaVenugopal on the history of Telangana and aspiration for Telangana
67. Arrange the following Samsthans or estates of Telangana under Hyderabad state in terms of their size from increasing to decreasing order.
1. Wanaparthy 2. Palvancha
3. Jetaprolu 4. Gadwal
a. 4, 1, 3, 2
b. 4, 3, 1, 2
c. 1, 4, 3, 2
d. 3, 1, 4, 2
Explanation: Big estates of Telangana in order of their size were 1. Gadwal 2.Wanaparthy 3.Jetaprolu 4.Amarachintha 5. Palvancha
68. Daasi is
a. a story written by Allam Rajayya
b. a movie by Narsing Rao
c. a Painting by Vaikuntam
d. a Drama directed by Saddula Hanumanthu
Explanation: Daasi is a Telugu drama film written and directed by B. Narsing Rao starring actress as Daasi Kamalakshi. The film which is based on bonded labour won five National Film Awards.
69. When was Shoaibullah Khan was murdered?
a. 22nd August 1948 b. 21st September 1948
c. 21st July 1948 d. 20th August 1948
Explanation:Shoaibullah Khan, the Editor of Imroze run by Boorgula Ramakrishna Rao from his office in Kachiguda, Lingampally, was stabbed to death by Razakars on 22nd August 1948.
70. Match List I with List II
List I (Books) List II (Authors)
A. The Broken Wall 1. KM Munshi
B. Tragedy of Hyderabad 2. Sarojini Naidu
C. The end of an era 3. Layak Ali
D. Hyderabad in Retrospect4. Ali Yaar Jung
A B C D
a. 2 3 1 4
b. 1 2 3 4
c. 4 3 2 1
d. 4 2 1 3
Explanation:The Broken Wall- Sarojini Naidu; Tragedy of Hyderabad- Layak Ali; The end of an era- KM Munshi; Hyderabad in Retrospect- Ali Yaar Jung.
71. When did the Nizam pass a farman prohibiting bonded labour?
A. 20th March 1921 B. 20th March 1923
C. 28th March 1923 D. 28th March 1921
Explanation: The seventh Nizam issued an order on prohibiting vetti. However it was not implemented by the landlords
72. When was GO 610 issued?
a. 30th December 1985 b. 21st March 1986
c. 10th December 1986 d. 30th May 1986
Explanation: The GO number 610 was issued on the recommendations of Jayabharat Reddy Committee and the Sundaresan Committee. It was related to public employment and implementation of the Presidential Order 1975.
73. The first poetry in Telangana
a. Gadasaptasati b. Nitisaram
c. Neetishastra Muktavali d. Bruhatkatha
Explanation:Gadasaptasati written by the Satavahana King Haala is considered as the first poetry in Telangana.
74. Arrange the following water bodies in the order of their construction from the oldest to the newest.
1. Osman Sagar 2. Hussain Sagar
3. Himayath Sagar
A. 1, 2, 3 B. 3, 2, 1
C. 2, 1, 3 D. 3, 1, 2
Explanation: Osman Sagar- 1920; Hussain Sagar- 1562; Himayath Sagar – 1927
75. Chalukyas constructed Nava Bramha Temples in
a. Nandikonda b. Dhulikatta
c. Alampur d. Bhuvanagiri
Explanation: Chalukyas constructed Nava Bramha Temples in 6th Century. Shiva is worshipped in these temples
76. NTR Shifted Telugu University to Hyderabad from
a. Nalgonda b. R.R district
c. Adilabad d. Khammam
Explanation:Telugu University was established in December 1985 through an Act of Legislation with headquarters at Hyderabad and campuses at Sri Sailam and Rajahmundry.
77. Which one of the following forts is also known as Shanghar Fort?
a. Nirmal Fort b. Golkonda Fort
c. Elaganda Fort d. Bhuvanagiri Fort
Explanation: Nirmal fort is also Shanghar fort
78. The First corporate of hospital in Telangana Region was established by
a. C. Diwakar Reddy b. C. Kamalakar Reddy
c. C. DayakarReddy d. C. Karunakar Reddy
Explanation: The First corporate of hospital in Telangana Region called CDR Hospitals was established by C.Dayakar Reddy from Warangal.
79. Name the Hyderabad Mayor who laid the foundation for Gunpark Martyr’s Memorial in Hyderabad?
A. S. Lakshmi Narayana B. Ramachandraiah
C. Sridhar Reddy D. Sadalakshmi
Explanation: He laid the foundation stone on 23rd February 1970.
80. What is Meezam?
a. an Urdu feature film
b. a newspaper published in Hyderabad
c. a historical monument built in 18 century in Telangana
d. an irrigation project of the Qutub Shahi era.
Explanation: Meezam is a historical monument built in 18 century in Telangana
80. Identify the incorrect pair
a. Golkonda – Madapati Hanumanth Rao
b. Neelagiri – SabnaveesuVenkata Narasimha Rao
c. Shoba – Devulapalli Ramanuja Rao
d. Rayyat – Borugula Ramakrishna Rao
Explanation: Rayyat KV Ranga Reddy and Mandumula NarsingRao
81. Who wrote book ‘The 10 year’s journey of TRS’?
A. Gade Innaiah B. V. Prakash
C. S. Niranjan Reddy D. T. Harish Rao
Explanation: V Prakash founder member of TRS & Author.
82. Nizam Government passed an Act Prohibiting Jogini System in
A. 1934 B. 1928
C. 1930 D. 1932.
Ans. A. Explanation: Nizam Government passed an Act in 1934, Prohibiting Jogini System.
84. “Quanoon Cha Mubaraq” issued by the Nizam VI were related to
A. Administrative Reforms
B. Legislative Reforms
C. Constitutional Reforms
D. Judicial Reforms
Ans. A. Explanation: Mir Mahbub Ali Khan (Nizam VI) brought some constitutional reforms through an order called “Quanoon Cha Mubaraq” in 1892. Based on that, cabinet Council and Legislative Council were formed to facilitate administration.
85. Who was the editor of Jana Dharma?
A. Madabhushi Sridhar
B. Madabhushi Srinivasa Charya
C. SamidiJagan Reddy
D. T. Prabhakar
Ans. B. Explanation: Jana Dharma, a weekly published from Warangal was the only Telangana paper which supported the 1969 agitation publicly and published news about agitation as well as the explanations of the Government very objectively.
86. Which of the following places in Telangana are famous for earthen Pots?
1. Ranjan 2. Chunduru
A. 1 Only B. 1 and 3
C. 2 and 3 D. 1, 2 and 3.
Ans. B. Explanation: Chunduru is famous for making huge vessels of brass with carved designs on them. Ranjan of Adilabad is famous for earthen pots, which are made scientifically to keep the water cool during hot summer season .Shadnagar of Mahabubnagar district also makes such pots
87. Match List I (books] with List (authors)
List I (books)
a. Telangana Rashtrodhyamalu
b Telangana Charitra
c. Tiragabadda Telangana
d Telangana UdyamamloNaksalitlaPatra
List II (authors)
3. AadhirajuVenkateshwar Rao
4.Dr. SunkireddyNarayana Reddy
A B C D
a 3 4 1 2
b 4 3 1 2
c 3 4 2 1
d 2 1 4 3
Explanation: Telangana Rashtrodhyamalu –AadhirajuVenkateshwar Rao;
Telangana Charitra – Dr. SunkireddyNarayana Reddy
Tiragabadda Telangana – InukondiTirumali
TelanganaUdyamamloNaksalitlaPatra – B.S.Ramulu
88. Match List I (boundaries of Hyderabad State) List II (Direction)
b. Wardha and Godavari Rivers
c. Krishna and Tungabadhra Rivers
d. Ahmednagar and Bijapur
1. East 2. South
3. North West 4. West
a b c d
A. 3 2 1 4
B. 3 1 2 4
C 4 1 2 3
D 4 2 1 3
Explanation: The boundaries of Hyderabad State were as follows in the past. Berar and Central Provinces on the north; Khandesh District of Bombay Presidency on the North West, Krishna and Tungabhadra rivers which separate Madras State on the South, Ahmednagar, Dholapur, Bijapur and Tarwad Districts of Bombay Presidency on the West, and Wardha and Godavari rivers on the East.
89. Khila Shapura was built by
A. Quli Qutub Shah B. Sarvai Papanna
C. Dulfir Khan D. Dawood Khan Panni
Sarvai Papanna, born in Janagam, Warangal belonged to the Goud caste. He revolted against the Moghul rule during Aurangazeb’s time.
90. “Telangana Rithanga Poratam –Praja Sahityam” is a research work of
C. JuluriGouri Shankar
D. Jayadheer Tirumal Rao
Explanation:-It was a research work on Gondi and Koya languages and Gondi (Gujala) Script.
90. Match List I with List II
List I (Party)
A. Jai Telangana Party
B. Nava Telangana Party
C. TalliTelangana Party
D. Telangana SadhanaSamithi
List II (Founder)
4. Indra Reddy
a b c d
A 4 1 2 3
B. 1 4 2 3
C. 4 2 1 3
D. 4 1 3 2
Explanation:Jai Telangana Party Indra Reddy; Nava Telangana Party – DevenderGoud; TalliTelagana Party – Narendra; Telangana SadhanaSamithi – Vijayashanthi
91. The first dhoomdham was organized in the year
A. 2002 B. 2003 C. 2004 D. 2005
Explanation: First Programme of dhoomdham was organised by RasamayiBalakishan in 2002
92. When was Namaste Telangana inaugurated?
A. 1st June 2011 B. 12th June 2011
C. 6thJune 2011 D. 8th June 2011
Explanation: KCR inaugurated ‘Namasthe Telangana’, the first daily news paper of Telangana movement of RavindraBharathi. Prof. Jaya Shankar addressed the meeting for last time, in his life.
94. Where did the fourth world Telugu Conference take place?
A. Hyderabad B. Vijayawada
C. Tirupathi D. Vishakapatnam
Explanation: The fourth world Telugu Conference takes place at Tirupathi.
95. The most important pre historic site in Telangana is
A. Asifabad B. Bodigapalli
C. Dongalagattu D. Pandavullagutta
Ans D, Explanation:- It is a unique site as it has paintings from pre-historic times to Kakatiya or Vijayanagara period that is from about twelve thousand years ago to about five hundred years ago
96. Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Mission Bhagiratha at Komatibanda Village, Gajwel in Medak District of Telangana on
A. 5thAugust 2016 B. 6thAugust 2016
C. 7thAugust 2016 D. 8thAugust 2016
Explanation: Mission Bhagiratha is a flagship project of the Telangana government aimed at providing piped drinking water to every household in the state in the next four years. The project, which was initially called the Telangana Drinking Water Supply Project, was renamed by chief minister K. Chandrashekar Rao as Mission Bhagiratha.
97. The meaning of the name which tribal community in Telangana means “a good person leaving on the hills”?
A. Chenchus B. Koyas
C. Gonds D. Yerukalas
Explanation: Koya means “a good person leaving on the hills”. The Koyas popularly known as ‘Dorala Sattam’ are believed to be the section of the Gondi speaking race, and though strongly influenced by neighbouring Telugu speaking people, they retained a good many of typical cultural traits of Koya culture.
98. Noted Telangana poet and lyricist Guda Anjaiah passed away in 2016. Which of the following songs were written by him?
1. Ee Ooru Manadira 2. Rajiga ori Rajiga
3. Ayyoniva nuvvu
A. 1 only B. 2 and3
C. 2 only D. All the above.
Explanation: He was famous for his song ‘Ee Ooru Manadira” which was translated in 16 languages. Some of his other famous songs are Rajiga ori Rajiga and Ayyoniva nuvvu. They were based on Telangana statehood movement during 2009-11 and were played in Poru film. He also had written novel titled Polimera which highlighted the dark days of 1975 National Emergency.
99. Qubani ka meetha, a sweet delicacy of Hyderabad is prepared with which fruit?
A. Dates B. Apricot
C. Hazels D. Jack fruit
Explanation: Qubani ka meetha, a sweet delicacy of Hyderabad is prepared with Apricot and garnished with dry fruits.
100. Korutla in Karimnagar is famous for
A. Textiles B. Filigree C. Paper D. Metal craft
Explanation: Korutla in Karimnagar is famous for paper industry.
101. Who is Neerati?
A. Person appointed to remove silt from village tanks
B. Person appointed to repair village tanks
C. Person appointed to regulate the use of water from the village tanks
D. None of the above
Explanation: Neeradi/Neerati or Neeru Katte manisi is a person appointed in villages in Telangana to regulate the use of water from the village tanks
102. When was the Hyderabad Deccan Railway Station built?
A. 1905 B. 1907
C. 1910 D. 1912
The Nampally Deccan Railway Station also called Hyderabad Railway Station was built in 1907 by Asaf Jah VII Osman Ali Khan.
103. When was the Secunderabad Railway Station built?
A. 1870 B. 1871
C. 1872 D. 1874
Built in 1874, by the Nizam of Hyderabad State, Mir Mahaboob Ali Khan, this station was the main station of the Nizam’s Railway, until the opening of Kachiguda Railway Station in 1916.
104. Which of the following was built by Nawab Vikar-ul-Umra?
A. Erramanzil B. Falaknuma Palace
C. Chowmohallah Palace D. King Kothi
Falaknuma belonged to the Paigah family, and it was later owned by the Nizam of Hyderabad. It was built by Nawab Vikar-ul-Umra, prime minister of Hyderabad and the uncle and brother-in-law of the Nizam VI, Nawab Mir Mahboob Ali Khan Bahadur. Falak-numa means “Like the Sky” or “Mirror of the Sky” in Urdu.
105.Bakrid is also known as
A. Laylat al-Qadr B. Eid-e-Shuja
C. Eid Al-Fitr D. Eid al-Adha
Eid al-Adha is also called the “Sacrifice Feast”
106. Which of the following palaces are part of the Chowmohalla Palace?
1. Afzal Mahal 2. Mahtab Mahal
3. Tahniyat Mahal 4. Aftab Mahal
A. 1, 2 and 3 B. 2, 3 and 4
C. 1, 3 and 4 D. 1, 2, 3 and 4
Chowmahalla Palace or Chowmahallatuu (4 Palaces), is a palace of the Nizams of Hyderabad state. It was the seat of the Asaf Jahi dynasty and was the official residence of the Nizams of Hyderabad while they ruled their state. While Salabat Jung initiated its construction in 1750, it was completed by the period of Afzal ad-Dawlah, Asaf Jah V between 1857 and 1869.
107.Kaleshwara Mukteswara Swamy Temple is a Hindu temple located in
A. Karimnagar B. Bhopalpally Jayashanka
C. Warangal D. Gadwal
Kaleshwaram is an eminent Historical and ancient temple situated at the Bank of River Godavari and between the border of Maharastra and Andhra Pradesh.
108. Alikidi is written by
A. Chaman B. Ambati Narayana
C. Gopi Kishan D. G.R.Kurme
109.Author and poet Mercy Margaret won the 2017 Sahitya Akademi Yuva Puraskar for the book
A. Maatala Mantalu B. Maatala Madugu
C. Maatalu Muchatlu D. Maata Muchata
Sahitya Akademi Yuva Puraskar in Telugu for 2017 was given to the book Maatala Madugu written by author and poet Mercy Margaret
110. Swarnakamalalu was authored by
A. C. Narayana Reddy B. Yashoda Reddy
C. Saraswathi Devi D. Kathyayini
Saraswathi Devi won Sahitya Academy Award for this book
111. Katyayani Vidmahe, a noted litterateur from Telangana belongs to
A. Khammam B. Mahaboobnagar
C. Warangal D. Karimnagar
Katyayani Vidmahe, a noted litterateur and Kakatiya University Telugu department professor, has been declared the winner of the Kendra Sahitya Akademi Award for Telugu-2013 for her work Sahityakashamlo Sagam- Streela Asthitwa Sahityam– Kavitwam– Katha, a compilation of essays published in 2010.
112.‘Kaalanni Nidra Ponivvanu’ is the poetry collection of
A. Cherukuuri Rama Rao
B. N. Gopi
C. Chinthakandi Mallesh
D. Chandrakanth Sitara
He won Sahitya Akademi Award in 2000 for this book. ‘Naneelu’ (The Little Ones 1998) and ‘Jala Geetham’ (Water Song – a long poem 2002). Won Freeverse Front award in 1980 for his poetry collection, ‘Mylurayi’ (Milestone)
113.Chekuri Rama Rao won Sahitya Akademi Award for
A. Mantalu Maanavulu B. Cherathalu
C. Naneelu D. Smrithikinankam
His columns in Telugu newspapers under the title ‘Cherathalu’ explored the nuances of feminist, minority and Dalit writings and poetry, and were widely read before being published as a book. the Kendra Sahitya Akademi award in2002, for his compendium of essays ‘Smrithikinankam’.
114. Identify the name of the noted author of children’s literature from Telangana, who won the prestigious Bal Sahitya Puraskar for the year 2017?
A. Vasala Narasaiah B. Pasunuri Ravindar
C. Mukesh Kumar D. Gaajam Anjaiah
Vasala Narasaiah, the noted author of children’s literature from Telangana, won the prestigious Bal Sahitya Puraskar for the year 2017 for his lifetime contribution to children’s Telugu literature over a period of 35 years.
115. M. Bhoopal Reddy won the 2011 Kendra Sahitya Akademi Awards for Children’s Literature for his work
A. Vastava Potava B. Gudugudu Gunchem
C. Uggu Paalu D. Kotta Bag
He won the 2011 Kendra Sahitya Akademi Awards for Children’s Literature for his work, Uggu Paalu, a compilation of 90 children stories. He was a stage artist and acted in movies like Komaram Bheem and Daasi.
116.Aatalo Aratipandu was written by
A. Balivada Kantha Rao B. Sujatha Devi
C. Peddibhotla Subbaramaiah
D. Gadiyaram Ramakrishna Sarma
She won Sahitya Academy Award for this book
117. The patronizing caste (Ashrita Kulam) of Mushtiga is
A. Madiga B. Mala
C. Gaamalla D. Perakala
118.The deity worshipped in Edupayala Jatara is
A. Bhadrakali B. Durgamma
C. Kalikadevi D. Rajajeshwari
Edupayala Durgamma Temple, where the second most famous jatara (festival) after Sammakka Sarakka jatara (the most famous in Telangana) is held every yearon the eve of Sivarathri.
119. The Nazri Bagh Palace was the official residence of the
A. Nizam II B. Nizam IV
C. Nizam VI D. Nizam VII
King Kothi Palace or Nazri Bagh Palace was the palace where the erstwhile ruler, the Seventh Nizam, Osman Ali Khan, Asaf Jah VII, of Hyderabad state lived. The palace was constructed by Kamal Khan, and sold to Nizam once he expressed his desire for the palace.
120. Hyderabad Public School was established in the year
A. 1910 B. 1922 C. 1923 D. 1915
The Hyderabad Public School,Begumpet (HPS, Begumpet) was established in 1923 as Jagirdars College by the Seventh Nizam of Hyderabad, Sir Osman Ali Khan, and served as a school exclusively for the sons of nawabs, jagirdars and other aristocrats and elites. It was renamed as the Hyderabad Public School in 1951 after the Zamindari system was abolished in 1950.
121. Mahaboob College was established in
A. 1862 B. 1864 C. 1868 D. 1872
It was established in 1862 by Somasundaram Mudaliar, with the name – Anglo Vernacular School. Sixth Nizam, Mir Mahbub Ali Khan made generous contribution and the school was renamed Mahboob College High School
122. Salarjung Museum was inaugurated in the year
A. 1951 B. 1952 C. 1953 D. 1954
The Salar Jung Museum of Hyderabad is a repository of the artistic achievements of diverse European, Asian and Far Eastern countries of the world. The major portion of this collection was acquired by Nawab Mir Yousuf Ali Khan popularly known as Salar Jung III.
123.The 2017 Kaloji Award was presented to
A. Raoulapati Seetaram B. Goreti Venkanna
C. Ammangi Venugopal D. None
Ammangi Venugopal – 2015 (First Recipient)
Goreti Venkanna – 2016 (Second Recipient)
124. The first recipient of Dasaradi Krishnama Charya Award 124 is
A. Prof N. Gopi B. Dr. J Bapu Reddy
C. Dr. Ammangi Venugopal
D. Ampasayya Naveen
Dr. J. Bapu Reddy – 2016 recipient
Prof N Gopi – 2017 recipient
125. “Daggakoru Badaakoru Razaakaaru Poshakudu” was a peom written by
A. Kaloji Narayan Rao
B. Dasaradhi Krishnama Charyulu
C. Raavi Narayan Reddy
D. Tripuraneni Veeraswami
126.Which of the following was the first weekly in Telugu?
A. Sedyachandrika B. Neelaguri
C. Tenugu D. Hithabhodini
Explanation : Hithabhodini – – established in 1913; Editor Bandaru Sreenivasa Sharma
127.Nizam Museum is located in Hyderabad at
A. Chiraan Fort B. Purani Haveli
C. King Kothi Palace D. Mahboob mansion
Purani Haveli was the official residence of the Nizam. It was also known as Haveli Khadeem, which means old mansion, wasconstructed for Sikander Jah, Asaf Jah III by his father Ali Khan Bahadur, Asaf Jah II.
The 2nd Nizam Mir Nizam Ali Khan had taken over this from Rukunudhaulah of the Momin dynasty, in 1717.
128.The Hyderabad House in Delhi was designed by
A. Sir William Emerson B. Richard Houstan
C. Herbert Baker D. Sir Edwin Lutyens
Hyderabad House was designed by eminent British architect Sir Edwin Lutyens as a residence for Mir Osman Ali Khan, the last Nizam of Hyderabad
129.The Pillalamarri Temple is located on the banks of River
A. Manjeera B. Musi
C. Godavari D. Krishna
The Pillalamarri Temple of Suryapet (Telangana state) is dated back to almost 1000 years and is considered to be one of the oldest ancient temples in Nalgonda District of Telangana state. Dedicated to Lord Shiva and built on the banks of the Musi River, the temple belonged to the Kakatiya era and stands testimony to the architectural craftsmanship displayed by the Kakatiya rulers.
130.Yeleswaram temple is located in the district
A. Nagarkurnool B. Nalgonda
C. Suryapet D. Yadadri
The ancient temple of Kakatiya period, Katyayani sahita Mallikarjuna Swamy temple is located at Yeleswaram gattu, Nalgonda
131. The Bhongir fort was built during the period of
A. Qutub Shahi Dynasty
C. Bahamani Rule
D. Rashtrakuta rule
Bhongir Fort was built on an isolated monolithic rock by the Western Chalukya ruler Tribhuvanamalla Vikramaditya VI in the year 1076 and was thus named after him as Tribhuvanagiri, later it was called as Bhuvanagiri.
132. Who authored the song “Veerulara Vandanam …………… Vidyardhi Veerulara Vandanam”?
A. Daravu Yellana B. Juloori Gauri Shankar
C. Y. Venkanna D. Polisetty Lingayya
133. The patronizing caste of Bandaru Artists (Kalakarulu) is
A. Reddys B. Bramhins
C. Rajakas D. Perika
134. Which of the following places is known as the Silk city of Telangana?
A. Gadwal B. Sircilla
C. Pochampally D. Siddipet
135. Kavitha Gurlavudu is the title of
A. Samadeva Suri B. Pampa Kavi
C. Baddena D. Arikesari
136. Annavaram Devender authored
A. Thovva B. Nadaka
C. Both A and B D. Neither A nor B
137. Manjeera Rachayithala Sangham was established by
A. Nandini Sidha Reddy B. Varavara Rao
C. Kaloji Narayana Rao
D. Dasaradhi Krishnamachary
138. Who authored the song “Amaraveerulara Meeku Vandanam”?
A. Dasaraju Rama Rao B. Lokender
C. Sanigaram Babji D. Andesree
139. Mungili – 2000 years of Telangana History was published by
A. Samidi Jagan Reddy
B. Juloori Gauri Shanker
C. Sunki Reddy Narayana Reddy
D. Chintapatla Sudershan
140. Battleground Telangana was authored by
A. Kingshuk nag B. Balagopal
C. K. Ramasudhakar Raju
D. Chukka Ramaiah
141. The Fall and Rise of Telangana –
A. Kingshuk Nag B. Gautam Pingle
C. Dr. Madabhushi Sridhar D. K.R. Chawdhari
142. Nilichi Gelichina Telangana
A. N. Venugopal
B. Dr. Madabhushi Sridhar
C. K.Y. Reddy
D. Capt. Lingala Pandu Ranga Reddy
143. Telangana Nundi Telangana Dhaaka –
A. Vangara Bhumaiah B. K.V. Narayana Rao
C. Veldurti Manikya Rao D. N. Venugopal
144. Which story is told under Yanadi Bhagavatham?
A. BalamaDevi Katha
B. BalaNagamma Katha
C. Chenchu Laxmi Katha
D. Grama Devathala Katha
145. Who authored the song “Osmania Campus lo Udayinchina Kiranama Veera Telanganama”?
A. Rasamayi Balakishan B. Abhinaya Srinivas
C. Vaddeboina Srinivas D. Tota Mallesham
146.Mir Tahniyath Ali Khan was
A. Nizam II B. Nizam III
C. Nizam IV D. Nizam V
147. The patronizing caste (Ashrita Kulam) of Saadanaashruthulu is
A. Padmasali B. Rajulu
C. Komatlu D. Gaamalla
148. Dr. ‘Ampasayya’ Naveen won the Sahitya Academy Award for
A. Kala Rekhalu B. Ampashayya
C. Chedirina-Swapnalu D. Antasravanthi
Dr. ‘Ampasayya’ Naveen college life at OU inspired his first novel, Ampasayya. His novel Kala Rekhalu won the Sahitya Academy Award in 2004
149. How among the won the Sangeet Natak Academy Award for his Book on Hindustani Music?
A.Samala Sadasiva B. Ampasayya Naveen
C. S. V. Joga Rao D. M. Bhoopal Reddy
Samala Sadasiva was a Telugu language poet and writer. He won the Sangeet Natak Akademi award in 2011 for his book on Hindustani music written in Telugu called Swara Layalu.
150. Who is the first Telugu poet to win the Sahitya Akademi’s Yuva Puraskar Award?
A. Dr. Papineni Sivasankar
B. Yarlagadda Laxmi Prasad
C. Munipalle Raju
D. Pasunoori Ravinder
Pasunoori Ravinder won the prestigious Sahitya Akademi’s Yuva Puraskar for the year 2015 for his collection of stories titled Out of Coverage Area in the Telugu language category.